Over the past year many people have had to change their circumstances and how they use their vehicle. We want to make sure your policy is right for you. When your policy is up for renewal, please take a moment to make sure your policy meets your needs, and you have the correct cover in place to use your vehicle as you require.

For example, how you travel to work might have changed, you may have to go multiple places, or you may now work from home. In these examples, please check your class of use, occupation, and mileage to make sure they’re right.

I’m an NHS/emergency services/health care worker and I'm worried I'll be stuck without a vehicle if I have an accident – what can I do?

If you were an NHS/Emergency Services or Healthcare worker and made a claim during the lockdowns earlier in the year (Wales 20 Dec, Scotland and Northern Ireland 26 Dec and England 5 Jan 2021, until 12 April 2021), we waived the excess and arranged a free replacement vehicle.

For any incident which took place during this time and was reported before 12 May 2021, any excess paid has been refunded in full and a replacement vehicle provided.

Any claim reported after 12 May 2021 will now be subject to the standard policy excess and a courtesy vehicle under our normal terms.

What if I can't afford the Direct Debit payments for my motor insurance?

If you’re struggling to make your payments due to the impact of COVID-19, please let us know as soon as possible through one of the options on the contact us page (phone, messaging or email). 

Depending on your circumstances there are different ways we might be able to help, like:

  • Postponing the date payment is due
  • Changing your policy details to reflect your new circumstances (e.g. reduced mileage or fewer named drivers)
  • Removing any optional extras or policy upgrades you don’t need
  • Suspending your policy 
  • Cancelling your policy (if appropriate)

Can I stop my motor insurance payments while we're in lockdown?

If your policy is active we can’t stop your payments altogether but we can suspend them for 28 days and take the payment next month alongside your existing instalment. If you think you’ll be unable to make your payments it’s important to let us know as early as possible so we can discuss your options and see how we can help.

My monthly motor insurance payment has been rejected by my bank. What should I do now?

If your payment has been rejected by the bank, please contact us and our advisers will be able to help you in a way that's tailored to your needs.