Claim back uninsured losses following an accident
Motor Legal Protection provides up to £100,000 of cover for legal costs if you're involved in a motor accident that's not your fault. The cover is there to help you claim for personal injury and uninsured losses as well as a range of other motoring issues, as long as there are reasonable prospects of your claim being successful.
Motor Legal Protection provides cover for:
- Claiming back uninsured losses, such as your excess, and personal injury, from the driver at fault after a motor accident
- Defence of a motoring prosecution
- Contract disputes relating to your car
- Claims if your car's identity is cloned
- Access to online legal documents and a free Legal Advice Helpline which is available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Covers the policyholder and named drivers
Official Injury Claim Portal
If you're involved in an accident on or after 31 May 2021, you can make a whiplash claim without legal help through the new self-service online portal known as "Official Injury Claim". For further information please visit www.officialinjuryclaim.org.uk
Buying Motor Legal Protection
Select the option when you buy online or ask for it when you call to accept your quote.
How to Claim
Motor Legal Protection cover comes with 24/7 access to a free Legal Advice Helpline which is available 365 days a year. This helpline can provide free advice on a range of different issues including those covered under Motor Legal Protection.
To call the Legal Advice Helpline call 0333 999 7873 and to make a claim call 0333 220 2039.
Motor Legal Protection cover runs alongside your policy for the maximum term length (either 10 or 12 months).
Read more about Motor Legal Protection:
Ring us on 0330 134 3230 and mention you're interested in having Motor Legal Protection.
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01 or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.