If you drive a car there’s one thing you can’t get away from; at some time you’ll have to park it. And in our crowded country of over 30 million cars, that’s not always an easy task. Just finding a space can be a chore and then once you find one, you have to manoeuvre your car - sometimes into a very tight or awkward space.
Challenge a friend
elephant parking survey
We surveyed 4,200 motorists from across the UK on different areas of parking. We wanted to see how easy they find parallel parking, if they park considerately and if they ever suffer from parking rage. The results make interesting reading and show parking is a big issue for some motorists.
- 14% can rarely or never parallel park
- Two thirds find it difficult to parallel park if someone is watching them
- 73% find it difficult to parallel park if there is a car stopped waiting for them
- Two thirds have given up and driven off because they haven’t been able to parallel park
- 45% have given up and left their car badly parked
- 22% admit they sometimes let someone else park for them
- 56% have had a space ‘stolen’ by another motorist while waiting to park and 17% have got into an argument about it